Monday, March 16, 2015

Spring Fever

"It’s spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you’ve got it, you want — oh, you don’t quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! "
~Mark Twain

Spring fever - yep I've definitely got the itch.  I'm pinning and dreaming of butterfly gardens.  I'm making wish lists in seed catalogues and collecting supplies for toad homes, bug hotels, and butterfly feeders for my little wild man.  

Today's spring projects brought milkweed seeds from a friend at work.  Wildboy carefully wrapped them in damp paper towel and put them safely in the fridge to help the germinating process.  Then he anxiously marked the day on the calendar so he would know when we could plant them.  We've got to save the Monarchs don't you know.  Three weeks will drag by interminably without other distractions for him.  

Distractions though - thankfully we have a plenty.  We're counting down days until spring break.  There's only 8 days until break starts and 10 until we load up the wagon and head west to South Dakota.  So excited to go visit sweet friends who moved to far away.    There's other distractions to help the time fly by too.  
There's hyacinths to count

Sedum to find

Star Wars stories to write in the sun.  This one says, "The good sid is asom. The good guys all was (always) win." (Did I mention how much I love seeing my wild boy become a reader and writer in front of my eyes?)

There's swings to fly on. After all this year he is big enough to sit on the swing not on his belly "because he's not scared anymore".

All I can say is slow down time.  I love my little boy with dirt on his face and hands.  I want to absorb each and every moment so that when I'm old and he's grown I can pull out my memories and feel the sun and hear his voice and smell the dirty boy again and again.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! I can't believe how fast he's growing! I miss that sweaty dirty boy smell too!

    ReplyDelete