Monday, August 31, 2015

Week 1 results and a rant

Well, week one went exceedingly well, in spite of the period from hell.   I'm down 6 pounds.  (This is probably TMI - but I may have lost half of that because of my cycle.) I stuck to counting my points everyday and didn't exceed my extra points.  I also got exercise in three days last week.  (Hey I know it's not great but it's three more than I got the week before) The biggest change has been drinking more water.  I've cut way back on my diet soda and am trying to drink mostly water - I do allow myself one soda a day.  I don't love counting points - I miss eating what I want when I want, but I'm trying to think of the big picture.  I need this to be a lifestyle change this time.

As far as my rant goes - I think I've shared some about my brother in law before.  He's a verbally abusive jerk.  He has done pretty much everything by the book with my sister - separate her from friends and family and any support structure then rip her down to nothing.  She honestly believes she couldn't make it without him.  I've tried to talk to her, I've written her letters, I've shared articles with her that explain what this is doing to her young daughters.  And then I've stepped back and said "I'm here when you're ready to go, but I can't stand by and watch this happen to you and your little girls."  Well today I found out he is now telling her that our dad would be ashamed of her.  I am so mad I am seriously sitting here seeing red.  I've never wanted to punch someone as much as I want to punch him.  How dare he say that the Godliest man I've ever known - the most kind and compassionate man would be ashamed of his daughter.  If dad were here he wouldn't be ashamed of my sister he'd be sitting at her house in his truck helping her and her daughters pack and get away from that vile evil husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment